Coming in 2018 Speical Training Opportunities for AK-AIMH Members
Email us after January 1st to obtain more information
- Ounce of Prevention/Achieve on Demand worth up to $1200 per user!
- 50% Discount on Hanen E-Seminars choose from over 14 courses!
Early Childhood Mental Health Institute (ECMHI)
The Dates for 2018 Infant & Early Childhood Mental Health Institute in Anchorage: April 9-11, 2018.
The ECMHI is held annually in the spring. Information on the 2018 ECMHI will be posted once available. More to come when we have the details!
The Alaska Department of Health and Social Services, University of Alaska’s School of Social Work, Alaska Child Trauma Center and the Alaska Association of Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health are partners in this institute.
The conference, which is focused on young children’s mental health, will provide in-depth, practical information on supporting children’s healthy social emotional development; assessing young children’s mental health, addressing trauma, and supporting those that care for young children.
Member Training Opportunities
The 2016-2017 Infant Mental Health Community Training Institute in Toronto is ARCHIVED and still available for AKAIMH Members to complete. Important deadlines are coming:
- Members have until 12/31/17 to complete the entire course FOR A CERTIFICATE (including all the pre/post surveys, etc).
- Members have until 12/31/17 to REGISTER for ACCESS if they’d like to view the material during 2018. Completing the course during 2018 will not lead to a certificate.
- Course work is archived and available for exactly 24 months after the original date of the 2016 live broadcast of the session. Therefore, folks need to look carefully at the schedule of the 2016 program for dates of sessions. For example, the first session of 2016 (“Introduction to Infant Mental Health & Early Childhood Development”), and the downloadable materials, are available only until Jan. 10, 2018.
How do I register for the IMHP Trainings:
- To obtain registration information and the link to register, email AKAIMH at email@example.com.
- To see all the information about the topics & the schedule of the original 2016 broadcast.
- To see a summary description of the course.
- To see presenter bios.
As a member of AK-AIMH you can receive access to Community Training Institute Series through Infant Mental Health Promotion (IMHP). This 15 session training is only available if you register with IMHP by December 2017. For additional information check out IMHP.
To get access to IMHP trainings, join or renew your AK-AIMH membership. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for registration information.
Session Topics include:
- Introduction to IMH & Early Development
- Understanding Brain Development in the Early Years
- The Importance of Attachment to Development
- The Development of Regulation in the Early Years
- The Impact of Early Trauma on Development
- Parental Depression
- The Impact of Poor Parental Mental Health on a Child
- Domestic Violence – A Trauma Experience for Young Children
- FASD and Impact of Substance Misuse on the Caregiving Relationship
- Common Disorders of Early Childhood
- Administering and Interpreting the Ages and Stages Developmental Screen (ASQ 3)
- Administering and Interpreting the Ages and Stages Questionnaire Social Emotion (ASQ:SE)
- Creating Developmental Support Plans
- Early Development Index(EDI): What Does the EDI Tell us About the Children in Our Community?